Women for Women International works in some of the most dangerous places to be a woman. We serve women survivors of war in conflict and post-conflict areas around the world in 8 countries including Afghanistan, Iraq, Eastern Congo, and Northern Nigeria. Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations; and with access to knowledge, resources, and a support network, a woman rebuilds her life and improves her community.
Our model works and we have the data to prove it. In our 26-year history, Women for Women International has reached over half a million women. The women we work with across 3 continents earn just $0.81 a day when we enroll them. At graduation, it’s $2.11, nearly tripled.
Our impact goes beyond income. The number of women who say at least one household member went to sleep hungry in the last four weeks has gone from 18% to 5%. And more women say they speak out against women's abuse: 26% report having publicly spoken in the last 6 months against physically abusing women.
When women have the right tools, they realize the power within themselves to transform their lives, their families, their communities, and finally their entire nations.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Director of Global Business Solutions will lead the global implementation and on-going support of systems solutions utilizing domestic and international staff, as well as global partners. They will evaluate strategy needs and propose and implement solutions in the field, headquarters and fundraising offices.
The Global Systems and Network Administrator and Salesforce Administrator at HQ will report to the Director. The Director will be responsible for providing technical leadership, support, and mentoring to Country staff. They will work closely with the Senior Country Office IT to implement any changes with CO IT staff. Support tasks, and project tasks will be prioritized and managed with a global perspective, but with a focus on local priorities and needs.
This post requires up to 25% travel to our country offices in Afghanistan, Iraq, Rwanda, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Nigeria, South Sudan, the United Kingdom, and Germany.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partnering with the CAO to manage a governance framework
- Partner with VP of Marketing Communications and Development on management of CRM, Marketing, and other IT tools managed by SF Administrator or other staff that report to the Director.
- Partnering with staff to develop solutions roadmaps
- Developing and/or reviewing solution/technology budgets for all WFWI entities
- On-going support of all existing business solutions
- When able consolidate IT purchases and solutions across the entire entity to save resources and increase standardization
- Providing project management/governance of all new solution projects and programs
- Define global IT policies and guidelines
- Continue the minimization of reliance on premise solutions, maximize use of the cloud
- Develop and implement plan for opening new offices and transitioning current offices
- Work with CO standardizing processes and tools across entire organization
- Procurement of hardware and software in support of on-going operations and future projects
- Obtaining appropriate licensing, warranty, and maintenance coverage of all business solutions
- Developing and maintain appropriate security controls over the new global business architecture
- Developing a disaster recovery (DR) plan for HQ
- Ensure CO develop their own backup and DR plans as developed and maintained by CO IT staff
- Globally negotiate and manage contracts with consultants and vendors
Skills and Qualifications:
- MS or equivalent in IT/engineering related field
- 10 – 12 years’ experience leading business-focused technology teams
- 3 – 5 years’ experience migrating organizations to the cloud
- 3 – 5 years’ experience developing strategic plans, roadmaps, and governance at other organizations
- 3 – 5 years’ experience managing IT environments, including budgeting, RFP process, managing IT vendors (contracts, SLAs, renewals)
- Experience with Windows operating systems, including Windows server and Windows 10 clients, Linux, SQL Server, network topologies, devices and protocols
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure Cloud Offerings
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 Tools (Sharepoint, Teams, etc.)
- Demonstrable understanding of the process of software development
- Proven experience successfully managing and developing technical staff
- Proven track record executing projects on schedule and in budget
- Previous work for NGOs or commercial organizations in difficult operating areas is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical matters to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated technical planning and project management skills
- Ability to inspire and lead technical staff in a non-technical organization
- Calm dependability in difficult situations
- Creativity and willingness to find cost effective solutions
- French language skills an advantage
- Ability to travel up to 25% to our country offices in Iraq, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, United Kingdom, and Germany.
- Ability to have flexible work schedule which may include evenings and weekends. May be required to work beyond normally scheduled hours with little or no advanced notice.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so please apply at your earliest convenience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.