Women for Women International works in some of the most dangerous places to be a woman. We serve women survivors of war in conflict and post-conflict areas around the world in 8 countries including Afghanistan, Iraq, Eastern Congo, and Northern Nigeria. Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations; and with access to knowledge, resources, and a support network, a woman rebuilds her life and improves her community.
Our model works and we have the data to prove it. In our 26-year history, Women for Women International has reached over half a million women. The women we work with across 3 continents earn just $0.81 a day when we enroll them. At graduation, it’s $2.11, nearly tripled.
Our impact goes beyond income. The number of women who say at least one household member went to sleep hungry in the last four weeks has gone from 18% to 5%. And more women say they speak out against women's abuse: 26% report having publicly spoken in the last 6 months against physically abusing women.
When women have the right tools, they realize the power within themselves to transform their lives, their families, their communities, and finally their entire nations.
The Senior, Financial Planning & Analysis Officer is responsible for ensuring that the programs’ budgets, projections and financial reports are accurate and timely. The Senior, Financial Planning & Analysis Officer collaborates and works closely with HQ Programs, Regional Finance officers, and Country Program Finance Managers to ensure efficient corporate financial management and that expenditures are performed in compliance with donor financial requirements and to ensure effective use and allocation of unrestricted funds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Annual and Long-Term Financial Planning Budgeting Processes
- Assist with managing the annual budget process in CO & HQ, coordinate with various units to ensure all the pre-populated data are completed and incorporated in the budget templates
- Work with the Program Officer and country office finance staff on the coordination and consolidation of the WfWI’s annual operational work plans & budgets for each country. Manage all changes, drafts, reviews of the budgets and maintain the latest versions of budgets throughout the process
- Follow up with various process owners to ensure timeline execution of deliverables
- Assist in the preparation of the reporting of actuals, forecast and budget with an in-depth analysis of variances and financial metrics for the board
- Review quality of budget data, ensure the internal budget provided is in line with other grant & program requirements
- Ensure budgets are updated and duly maintained on a consistent and regular basis throughout the fiscal year
- Assist Director of FP&A with tools development, provides advice and guidance to programs to facilitate consistent approaches to understand and develop budget performance, financial analysis, and to guarantee long term financial sustainability for the program (prospective donors, exchange rate, shortfalls, etc.)
- Assist with short, mid and long-term analysis, modeling, future year projections including risk analysis and coordinates long-range financial planning efforts as requested
- Responsible for current Excel Budgeting Tool tracking actuals and projections for all entities of the organization
- Enable Country Offices to manage their Budgeting Tool through training and support
- Creation and management of Financial Reports in Intacct
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent technical computing skills included advanced proficiency of Microsoft Excel (lookups, pivot tables, sum-if formulas, index/match, VBA, etc.)
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with at least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Sage Intacct experience is preferred
- Demonstration of great adaptability
- Experience with unrestricted, foundation grants, U.S. Government, and other donor’s funding and regulatory compliance
- Ability to handle a heavy workload with competing priorities
- Exceptional attention to details; highly organized
- Strong written and verbal business writing and communication skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize, and meet deadlines
Ability to work independently and in teams; take initiative, and follow through on outstanding issues
- Willingness and desire to work within a small team and take on additional tasks as needed
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so please apply at your earliest convenience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.