Women for Women International works in some of the most dangerous places to be a woman. We serve women survivors of war in conflict and post-conflict areas around the world in 8 countries including Afghanistan, Iraq, Eastern Congo, and Northern Nigeria. Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations; and with access to knowledge, resources, and a support network, a woman rebuilds her life and improves her community.
Our model works and we have the data to prove it. In our 26-year history, Women for Women International has reached over half a million women. The women we work with across 3 continents earn just $0.81 a day when we enroll them. At graduation, it’s $2.11, nearly tripled.
Our impact goes beyond income. The number of women who say at least one household member went to sleep hungry in the last four weeks has gone from 18% to 5%. And more women say they speak out against women's abuse: 26% report having publicly spoken in the last 6 months against physically abusing women.
When women have the right tools, they realize the power within themselves to transform their lives, their families, their communities, and finally their entire nations.
The Junior HR Generalist is responsible for performing a broad range of HR and administrative duties for the HQ HR department under the supervision of the HRBP, HQ. The primary responsibilities include serving as initial point of contact for US-based employee inquiries. This position will engage in supporting employee lifecycle and foster an employee oriented, high performing culture that emphasizes excellence and collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to employees on various HR related topics and provide timely response to routine HR questions related, but not limited to compensation and benefits, paid leave, FMLA, workers, comp, HR systems
- Assist in the recruitment process, maintain I-9 and E-Verify
- Coordinate employee onboarding
- Administer compensation change and related letters; prepare US semi-monthly payroll and monthly international hires payroll, participate to periodic salary surveys
- Support the execution of HR programs, including Rewards and Recognition, Employee Engagement, Performance Management, L&D
- Prepare and file all HR related compliance, including necessary annual reports; maintain records, reports, and tracking to conform to government regulations
- Maintain the department filing system including an accurate library of active job descriptions, maintain organization charts
- Maintain employee documentation; ensure accuracy of employee files and records on the HRIS, respond to related inquiries, provide staff data reports
- Maintain HR systems and liaise with relevant providers
- Process department invoices, reviewing them for accuracy
- Manage the WfWI internship/volunteer/secondary programs
- Perform quarterly audit of files to include personnel, benefits enrollment, deductions and departmental alignment
- Administer employee termination and off-boarding
- Provide support to global initiatives and projects (engagement survey, HR systems...)
- Conduct Benefits portion of the New hire orientation
- Administer benefits, process new hire enrollments in Benefit Mall, 401 K plan and vendor, websites, address and administer workers compensation claims; administer COBRA for terminated employees
- Monitor leave policies, process paperwork for absences related to Long Term Disability, FMLA, and other absence categories,
- Perform other tasks as needed by the HR Department, including, but not limited to, coordination of staff meetings, participation in HR events, etc.
All our staff are required to adhere to WfWI’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policies and to our organizational values: Empowerment, Integrity, Respect, Resilience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of state and federal employment and benefit laws
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Bamboo HR or other standard HRIS program
- Working Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now, Benefit Mall, MetLife eBenefits, WMATA Smart Benefits, Infinisource, and Fidelity Investments (PSW) systems is a plus
- Must possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Must demonstrate teamwork and have the ability to interact with culturally diverse and remote teams internationally
- Must be flexible and adaptable, with an ability to perform in a rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Must be focused and take initiative to resolve problems
- Display strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to organize and perform details of tasks with accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure, while using good judgment and discretion
- PHR certification preferred
- May require bending, lifting, standing, sitting, computer work, etc.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so please apply at your earliest convenience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.