Women for Women International works in some of the most dangerous places to be a woman. We serve women survivors of war in conflict and post-conflict areas around the world in 8 countries including Afghanistan, Iraq, Eastern Congo, and Northern Nigeria. Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations; and with access to knowledge, resources, and a support network, a woman rebuilds her life and improves her community.
Our model works and we have the data to prove it. In our 26-year history, Women for Women International has reached over half a million women. The women we work with across 3 continents earn just $0.81 a day when we enroll them. At graduation, it’s $2.11, nearly tripled.
Our impact goes beyond income. The number of women who say at least one household member went to sleep hungry in the last four weeks has gone from 18% to 5%. And more women say they speak out against women's abuse: 26% report having publicly spoken in the last 6 months against physically abusing women.
When women have the right tools, they realize the power within themselves to transform their lives, their families, their communities, and finally their entire nations.
The Talent Manager will join a small and dedicated HR team supporting and serving a workforce internationally.
The Talent Manager’s role contributes to attracting, retaining and developing our talent in alignment with our global strategy, global policies and processes and in compliance with local regulations.
The Talent Manager coordinates and manages full cycle recruitment while delivering an exceptional candidate experience.
They manage global talent programs and initiatives to sustain employee’s retention and development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure successful execution of staffing and recruitment plans in coordination with hiring managers for HQ and global positions
- Determine the recruitment strategy and selection criteria for opened positions to hire the best candidates to serve our mission
- Partner with Hiring Managers to ensure recruitment processes are aligned to our policies, values and principles
- Manage communication between applicants, Hiring Managers and panel members to ensure quality of service
- Liaise with the recruitment platforms services and professional networks, keep abreast of the best channels to reach the talent we need
- Provide tools to teams on recruitment selection, talent review, ATS to make sure hiring teams are trained to hiring practices
- Communicate on management and organizational wide training programs in collaboration with the offices HR Managers/HRPBs to respond to talent development needs.
- In collaboration with hiring teams; plan, manage and coordinate the full recruitment cycle: sourcing, screening, selecting/ interviewing, job offering
- Maintain the ATS and WfWI career website
- Organize the employee referral process
- Perform reference checks in coordination with hiring managers
- Coordinate job offer with the HR Managers/HR Business Partners in alignment with local compensation and employment requirements
- Oversee onboarding process, conduct 30 days and retention interview.
- Manage the leadership and management development programs and related initiatives
- Develop, manage and coordinate the talent identification process and related career development plans
- Coordinate and consolidate talent reporting (hiring, onboarding, L&D, exit interviews, turnover…)
- Performs other tasks
The duties, responsibilities and activities of this job description may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Seven years of progressive work experience in talent acquisition and management, three years minimum as Manager of the service
- MA in Human Resources Management or a related field or a BA with the equivalence of functional experience
- Experience of international recruitment preferably in international organizations
- Experience with social media and international recruitment platforms
- Hands-on experience with full-cycle recruiting using various interview techniques and evaluation methods
- Extensive knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and Talent Assessment processes
- Excellent command of Microsoft suite and scheduling systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with different levels of staff in multiple offices
- Ability to work with multicultural and diverse teams in a matrix environment
- A keen understanding of the differences between various roles within organizations
- Demonstrated capacity to adapt to a fast and changing environment
- Capacity to plan, organize and take initiative to provide an excellent service with a continuous improvement mindset
Adhere to WfWI’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policies and report concerns, and to the organizational values: Empowerment. Integrity, Respect, Resilience.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience through this portal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.