Women for Women International works in some of the most dangerous places to be a woman. We serve women survivors of war in conflict and post-conflict areas around the world in 8 countries including Afghanistan, Iraq, Eastern Congo, and Northern Nigeria. Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations; and with access to knowledge, resources, and a support network, a woman rebuilds her life and improves her community.
Our model works and we have the data to prove it. In our 26-year history, Women for Women International has reached over half a million women. The women we work with across three continents earn just $0.81 a day when we enroll them. At graduation, it’s $2.11, nearly tripled.
Our impact goes beyond income. The number of women who say at least one household member went to sleep hungry in the last four weeks has gone from 18% to 5%. And more women say they speak out against women's abuse: 26% report having publicly spoken in the last six months against physically abusing women.
When women have the right tools, they realize the power within themselves to transform their lives, their families, their communities, and entire nations.
Women for Women International (WfWI) has an immediate opportunity for a Media & Events Manager. The Media & Events Manager will lead public relations, external partnerships and events planning for the organization.
This role will be responsible for overseeing event planning and cultivating relationships with media, corporate partners, influencers, celebrities and other stakeholders relevant to the organization. He/she will also measure goals and performance metrics for media campaigns, influencer activity and special projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
PR, Celebrity & Media Relations
- Responsible for PR initiatives, including developing content to pitch to media such as press releases
- Manage and build media and influencer relations and strategy
- Develop and own goals and performance metrics for media campaigns; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Proactively monitor influencer activity across social media to report on trends, content and collaborations to get ahead on the next “big thing” in the women’s rights space
- Monitor relevant conversations in the news
- Facilitate outreach campaigns and pitch/catch media inquiries
- Maintain media and influencer databases
- Utilize both external and internal influencer tools to grow the community
- Develop events strategies and plans for the organization’s signature events such as the Annual Luncheon
- Develop thought-leadership plans to raise visibility at external events
- Support the organization’s participation in sector-specific events
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to support their events
- Work with cross-functional teams and external agencies/ vendors on projects
- Curate external messaging and talking points on key topics
- Support Director of Communications in crafting a message strategy
- Assist the Director of Communications with recruiting and supervising interns
Skills & Qualifications:
- Preferably 7-9 years of experience in public/media relations, marketing and/or journalism
- Master’s degree in communications, writing, journalism or related field preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot and be flexible in a fast-moving, multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Teams and Office apps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Ability to balance and prioritize tasks and stay focused in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Experience working in non-profit PR
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Interest in women’s issues and international development
The duties, responsibilities and activities of this job description may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Our global core values define how we are to behave as we pursue our mission, our vision, and our strategic objectives:
- Empowerment: We believe every woman is unique and powerful in her own right. Our people areour greatest strength and we will support them to achieve our aims by providing them with the information, rewards and power they need to take the initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve our delivery and performance. As a learning organization - we encourage our people to take risks and make mistakes, we learn and grow and get better, stronger and
- Integrity: We will never communicate in any way that exploits or demeans the women we exist to serve, we will deliver a program of training that maximizes the impact for the women we serve to bring them the biggest benefits and facilitate the greatest long-term positive change in their we do what we say we are going to do, when we say we're going to do it. We act as good stewards of the organization’s resources.
- Respect: We believe every woman has the right to be treated with fairness and dignity. we trusteach other implicitly, confident in the knowledge that we are all working towards the same goals. Equally, we hold each other responsible and accountable at all levels of the organization for the outcomes of our actions. We will be bold, clear and kind in our communication with our colleagues across the organization and not allow disrespectful behavior to go unchallenged.
- Resilience: We see every day the strength of women survivors of war and their ability to neverlose hope despite having faced the greatest atrocities and horrors of conflict. They inspire us to stay strong, hopeful, focused and committed to our global purpose. We support each other to do the
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience through this portal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* This job description may be modified from time to time at the discretion of WfWI*