Women for Women International works in some of the most dangerous places to be a woman. We serve women survivors of war in conflict and post-conflict areas around the world in 8 countries including Afghanistan, Iraq, Eastern Congo, and Northern Nigeria. Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations; and with access to knowledge, resources, and a support network, a woman rebuilds her life and improves her community.
Our model works and we have the data to prove it. In our 26-year history, Women for Women International has reached over half a million women. The women we work with across three continents earn just $0.81 a day when we enroll them. At graduation, it’s $2.11, nearly tripled.
Our impact goes beyond income. The number of women who say at least one household member went to sleep hungry in the last four weeks has gone from 18% to 5%. And more women say they speak out against women's abuse: 26% report having publicly spoken in the last six months against physically abusing women.
When women have the right tools, they realize the power within themselves to transform their lives, their families, their communities, and entire nations.
Women for Women International (WfWI) has an immediate opportunity for a Gift Operations Officer. The Gift Operations Officer is part of the Donor Services Team and reports directly to the Director of Donor Services.
This position is responsible for gift entry, as well as executing secure and efficient gift processing procedures, including providing reporting and analytic support to fundraising teams around gift operations, monitoring PCI compliance, and providing support to MD&C and the Salesforce Admin around Sponsorship operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure donations received in HQ offices are entered efficiently and accurately.
- Track, report and improve recurring revenue collection metrics, such as credit card decline rate, collection call success rate, decline recovery rate
- Define, document and communicate gift processing rules (for individual contribution, foundation contribution, workplace contribution, charge, refund, chargeback, etc.) to balance between meeting supporters’ requirements and efficient/scalable operations.
- Serve as the gift processing escalation point for complex cases, large amount charge/refund authorization, etc.
- Collaborate with various fundraising colleagues when new campaigns are launched to ensure gifts are processed efficiently, securely and maintain our data integrity.
- Ensure high-quality, accurate donor and gift information while meeting daily departmental deadlines. This includes quality checking checks keyed in-house, updating payments and pledges in Salesforce, and updating gifts from our offsite gift processing vendor. Liaison with the Salesforce Admin to provide support to fundraising team around reporting and analytics, and trouble-shoot any issues with data feed between platforms as they arise.
- Document policy and procedures to maintain PCI compliance status. Provide training to internal users for secure gift processing.
Membership Matching Support
- Provide support for Sponsorship matching between program beneficiaries and sponsors.
- Liaison with Salesforce Admin to ensure that matching & closeout processes are working smoothly to fulfill MD&C and GPU needs.
- Maintain up-to-date business procedures around matching and closeouts to implement internal policies and any new business needs.
Operations Team Support
- Liaison with Salesforce Admin to manage gift processing and matching/re-matching applications in Salesforce & Springboard: quality control, troubleshooting, and escalating problems. Identify opportunities to improve operations efficiencies, and work with IT team to shape requirements and perform user acceptance testing.
- Liaison with and support the Development Senior Associate role around gift operations, including reporting.
- Prepare regular internal reports within area of responsibility.
- Provide back-up to Operations colleagues as requested, such as data entry, membership account updates, letter processing.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of three to four years of experience in a development operations or membership services environment
- Excellent computer skills with MS Word and Excel; familiarity with other CRM and fundraising applications a plus.
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must; sensitivity when working with highly confidential information and ability to maintain complete discretion at all times
- Demonstrated aptitude for analyzing and interpreting data and systems; ability to identify areas to increase efficiency a plus.
- Proven ability to plan and manage a variety of projects and high work volume: must work well under pressure, prioritize, show flexibility, and solve problems creatively
- Strong verbal communication and documentation skills on processes, code and functions.
- Must be willing/able to take on tasks with minimal supervision
- A commitment to WfWI’s mission - interest in women’s issues and international development
- Experience working internationally or with international staff
- Experience working with Salesforce
Our global core values define how we are to behave as we pursue our mission, our vision, and our strategic objectives:
- We believe every woman is unique and powerful in her own right. Our people are our greatest strength and we will support them to achieve our aims by providing them with the information, rewards and power they need to take the initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve our delivery and performance. As a learning organization - we encourage our people to take risks and make mistakes, we learn and grow and get better, stronger and smarter.
- We will never communicate in any way that exploits or demeans the women we exist to serve, we will deliver a program of training that maximizes the impact for the women we serve to bring them the biggest benefits and facilitate the greatest long term positive change in their lives. we do what we say we are going to do, when we say we're going to do it. We act as good stewards of the organization’s resources.
- We believe every woman has the right to be treated with fairness and dignity. we trust each other implicitly, confident in the knowledge that we are all working towards the same goals. Equally, we hold each other responsible and accountable at all levels of the organization for the outcomes of our actions. We will be bold, clear and kind in our communication with our colleagues across the organization and not allow disrespectful behavior to go unchallenged.
- We see every day the strength of women survivors of war and their ability to never lose hope despite having faced the greatest atrocities and horrors of conflict. They inspire us to stay strong, hopeful, focused and committed to our global purpose. We support each other to do the same.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience through this portal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* This job description may be modified from time to time at the discretion of WfWI*