Women for Women International works in some of the most dangerous places to be a woman. We serve women survivors of war in conflict and post-conflict areas around the world in 8 countries including Afghanistan, Iraq, Eastern Congo, and Northern Nigeria. Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations; and with access to knowledge, resources, and a support network, a woman rebuilds her life and improves her community.
Our model works and we have the data to prove it. In our 26-year history, Women for Women International has reached over half a million women. The women we work with across three continents earn just $0.81 a day when we enroll them. At graduation, it’s $2.11, nearly tripled.
Our impact goes beyond income. The number of women who say at least one household member went to sleep hungry in the last four weeks has gone from 18% to 5%. And more women say they speak out against women's abuse: 26% report having publicly spoken in the last six months against physically abusing women.
When women have the right tools, they realize the power within themselves to transform their lives, their families, their communities, and entire nations.
Women for Women International (WfWI) has an immediate opportunity for a Marketing Associate. The Marketing Associate is an integral member of the Marketing Department and helps coordinate a wide range of multi-channel fundraising and outreach activities.
This role plays a key role in executing direct mail communications to supporters, provides Customer Relations Management (CRM) data management and analysis, and supports the digital marketing program. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and requires someone with strong project management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate day-to-day management of the Marketing department’s direct mail program:
- Work in partnership with an external, full-service direct response agency and Marketing Director to develop and implement concepts and strategies for donor acquisition, solicitation, and retention efforts
- Serve as the primary day-to-day contact between WfWI and our direct response agency for issues relating to the timely and accurate production of our offline and sponsorship programs
- Review agency-provided messaging and evaluate based on predetermined strategic concepts and goals
- Manage the direct response production calendar and ensure that all tasks and deliverables are accomplished on schedule
- Collaborate with digital fundraising team on integrated campaigns and program activities
- In partnership with our direct response agency, develop audience segmentation, list selection requirements, and testing objectives and strategies
- Optimize acknowledgement messaging and work with Donor Services to ensure the timely and cost-effective generation of gift acknowledgements
- Act as the production manager for in-house collateral production needs
Support data management and reporting for the Marketing department:
- Responsible for the day-to-day production of Marketing data needs and requests in the Salesforce, Legacy, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud databases
- Develop and regularly maintain Marketing benchmarks and reporting dashboards
- Develop and manage ongoing system for tracking annual Marketing department goals
- Ensure quality of donor contact information and communication preferences
- Respond to database requests and needs from 3rd party vendors as needed
- Help manage expenses of projects as assigned and process department invoices to ensure cost-saving opportunities are identified and executed upon
Content creation, asset gathering, and quality assurance for the Marketing department:
- Maintain cross-channel Marketing editorial calendar
- Create digital campaign production management system to track all relevant dates and projects
- Help support the creation new emails for Women for Women International campaigns by building or editing code in HTML, creating all necessary source codes and link tracking, and building or editing new creative in Photoshop
- Assist with monitoring communications for brand consistency and integrity of creative components, from proofreading and editing, to testing and reviewing design and development components
- Work with relevant departments to collect compelling marketing content from country offices and other sources for use in Marketing communications
- Help update website and website donation pages as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field; will consider equivalent combination of experience and education
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Administrative, project management, and fundraising/marketing exposure preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using a CRM; familiarity with Salesforce CRM and Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, and Photoshop a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to make decisions, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and willingness to work additional hours as needed
- Sensitivity to gender and cultural issues; ability to communicate well with different culture
- Strong organization skills and close attention to detail required
- Strong proofreading/editing skills required
- Experience with managing data, including gathering information and reporting results, a plus
- Flexibility working across different global time zones
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills strongly desired
- Dedication to the mission and vision of Women for Women International
Our global core values define how we are to behave as we pursue our mission, our vision, and our strategic objectives:
- We believe every woman is unique and powerful in her own right. Our people are our greatest strength and we will support them to achieve our aims by providing them with the information, rewards and power they need to take the initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve our delivery and performance. As a learning organization - we encourage our people to take risks and make mistakes, we learn and grow and get better, stronger and smarter.
- We will never communicate in any way that exploits or demeans the women we exist to serve, we will deliver a program of training that maximizes the impact for the women we serve to bring them the biggest benefits and facilitate the greatest long term positive change in their lives. we do what we say we are going to do, when we say we're going to do it. We act as good stewards of the organization’s resources.
- We believe every woman has the right to be treated with fairness and dignity. we trust each other implicitly, confident in the knowledge that we are all working towards the same goals. Equally, we hold each other responsible and accountable at all levels of the organization for the outcomes of our actions. We will be bold, clear and kind in our communication with our colleagues across the organization and not allow disrespectful behavior to go unchallenged.
- We see every day the strength of women survivors of war and their ability to never lose hope despite having faced the greatest atrocities and horrors of conflict. They inspire us to stay strong, hopeful, focused and committed to our global purpose. We support each other to do the same.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience through this portal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* This job description may be modified from time to time at the discretion of WfWI*