Women for Women International works in some of the most dangerous places to be a woman. We serve women survivors of war in conflict and post-conflict areas around the world in 8 countries including Afghanistan, Iraq, Eastern Congo, and Northern Nigeria. Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations; and with access to knowledge, resources, and a support network, a woman rebuilds her life and improves her community.
Our model works and we have the data to prove it. In our 26-year history, Women for Women International has reached over half a million women. The women we work with across three continents earn just $0.81 a day when we enroll them. At graduation, it’s $2.11, nearly tripled.
Our impact goes beyond income. The number of women who say at least one household member went to sleep hungry in the last four weeks has gone from 18% to 5%. And more women say they speak out against women's abuse: 26% report having publicly spoken in the last six months against physically abusing women.
When women have the right tools, they realize the power within themselves to transform their lives, their families, their communities, and entire nations.
Women for Women International (WfWI) has an immediate opportunity for a Recurring Gift Officer. The Recurring Giving Officer will coordinate all fundraising and communication efforts for Women for Women International’s Sponsorship and Monthly Giving programs. As part of the marketing team, this position will work to acquire and retain Sponsors and Monthly Donors through an integrated multi-channel approach using direct mail, email, web, advertising, and mobile.
This key position will work closely with other members of the Marketing team and the Director of Donor Relations to grow revenue for the organization’s recurring giving programs and ensure donors are receiving the optimal donor experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Recurring Giving Program Strategy & Management:
- Manage all aspects of multi-channel Sponsorship and Monthly Giving communication and outreach strategy.
- Work with Directors of Marketing and Donor Relations on revenue and expense planning, budgeting, and reforecasting efforts pertaining to the Sponsorship and Monthly Giving Programs.
- Work with Director of Donor Relations to develop new long-term strategies for building and improving the Sponsorship and Monthly Giving programs.
- Work with Donor Services team to monitor monthly Sponsorship and Monthly Giving payment processing and ensure systems are optimized to support donor retention and donor recruitment.
- Work closely with members of the Marketing team to develop and ensure close coordination with other ongoing Marketing outreach efforts, such as email and social media marketing.
- Regularly monitor and track all recurring giving program expenses.
- Manage and coordinate work of outside vendors as it relates to the Sponsorship and Monthly Giving Programs.
- Regularly monitor and report to internal teams on the acquisition and retention performance of Sponsorship and Monthly Giving efforts; Conduct regular analysis of Sponsorship and Monthly Giving revenue trends and help develop and maintain ongoing reports.
- Monitor the timing and impact of other fundraising efforts on the retention and growth of Sponsors and Monthly Donors. Manage and update ongoing Sponsorship and Recurring Giving communication calendar
- Conduct all data and reporting needs related to Sponsorship and Monthly Giving outreach and communication efforts:
- Direct mail list generation
- Digital audience segmentation and definition
- Sponsorship specific program tracking reports
- Other reporting as needed
Recurring Giving Content Development & Execution:
- Work with Marketing and Donor Services teams to execute strategies to acquire new sponsors and monthly donors.
- Coordination with 3rd party direct mail agency to develop and execute new donor recruitment mailings.
- Coordinating with Digital Marketing team and 3rd party vendors, implement strategies to acquire new Sponsor and monthly donors through digital channels including email, web, advertising and social media.
- Maintain and improve Sponsorship supporter journey “Pillar” mailings. This includes updating direct mail copy and creative, maintaining monthly mailing schedules and coordinating with 3rd party vendor to maintain mailing and delivery schedule of materials.
- Coordinate and build digital donor journeys for both Sponsors and Monthly donors through email, social media and web. Will be responsible for writing email and social media copy developing creative assets and producing all efforts through Marketing systems and platforms.
- Build Sponsorship and Monthly Giving online donation pages.
- Maintain and update Sponsorship and Monthly Giving content for the WfW website.
- Help update and develop Sponsorship and Monthly giving content for the online donor portal website.
- Coordinate all multi-channel solicitation efforts to seek past due Sponsorship donations and efforts to encourage donors to update payment information.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant marketing field or equivalent work experience
- 3-4 years of experience with direct response marketing programs, preferably recurring giving programs
- Experience with direct mail or digital fundraising work preferred
- Former administrative and project management experience is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and goals, problem-solve, and prioritize among assignments
- Self-motivated and goal/deadline oriented
- Ability to work as a team member
- Strong editorial and proofreading skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM
- Familiarity with email management software, preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility
- Flexibility working across different global time zones
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or other reporting platforms
- Knowledge of Photoshop a plus
- Dedication to the mission and vision of Women for Women International
Our global core values define how we are to behave as we pursue our mission, our vision, and our strategic objectives:
- We believe every woman is unique and powerful in her own right. Our people are our greatest strength and we will support them to achieve our aims by providing them with the information, rewards and power they need to take the initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve our delivery and performance. As a learning organization - we encourage our people to take risks and make mistakes, we learn and grow and get better, stronger and smarter.
- We will never communicate in any way that exploits or demeans the women we exist to serve, we will deliver a program of training that maximizes the impact for the women we serve to bring them the biggest benefits and facilitate the greatest long term positive change in their lives. we do what we say we are going to do, when we say we're going to do it. We act as good stewards of the organization’s resources.
- We believe every woman has the right to be treated with fairness and dignity. we trust each other implicitly, confident in the knowledge that we are all working towards the same goals. Equally, we hold each other responsible and accountable at all levels of the organization for the outcomes of our actions. We will be bold, clear and kind in our communication with our colleagues across the organization and not allow disrespectful behavior to go unchallenged.
- We see every day the strength of women survivors of war and their ability to never lose hope despite having faced the greatest atrocities and horrors of conflict. They inspire us to stay strong, hopeful, focused and committed to our global purpose. We support each other to do the same.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience through this portal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* This job description may be modified from time to time at the discretion of WfWI*