Women for Women International (WfWI) is seeking a Senior Direct Response Marketing Associate to assist with the day-to-day operations of the organization's direct mail, sponsorship, email strategy, and telemarketing fundraising programs. This position will report to the Director, Marketing and work with a re-energized, nimble & fast-paced team.
The successful candidate will have experience with direct mail, ideally within a nonprofit or fundraising agency. The ability to work cross-departmentally is also important as this position will work closely with the Marketing team, our direct response agency, and our Programs team and other departments as the production manager for in-house collateral production needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Implementation and Execution of Multi-Channel Fundraising Campaigns
- Meet or exceed annual fundraising targets for offline and sponsorship marketing channels;
- Work in partnership with an external, full-service direct response agency to develop and implement strategies for donor acquisition, solicitation, and retention efforts;
- Serve as the primary day-to-day contact between WfWI and our direct response agency for issues relating to the timely and accurate production of our offline and sponsorship programs;
- Assist with the stabilization and growth of the Sponsorship program through successful acquisition and retention activities;
- Manage all external Sponsor communications through multiple channels, with a specific focus on increasing sponsor retention;
- Manage the direct response production calendar and ensure that all production steps and deliverables are achieved and delivered on schedule. Maintain a system for archiving creative samples;
- Collaborate with digital fundraising team on integrated campaigns and program activities;
- In partnership with our direct response agency, develop audience segmentation, list selection requirements, and testing objectives and strategies;
- Track and analyze the response to our marketing efforts, and apply the learning to future efforts;
- Optimize acknowledgement messaging and work with Donor Services to ensure the timely and cost-effective generation of gift acknowledgements;
- Act as the production manager for in-house collateral production needs.
Financial and Administrative Management
- Assist in annual revenue and expense planning, budgeting, and reforecasting efforts;
- Assist in monthly management of program activities against revenue and expense budget;
- Ensure invoices are accurate and paid on a timely basis;
- Vendor management of direct response agency and other vendors as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant marketing field or equivalent work experience;
- 1-3 years of experience with direct mail and other direct response marketing programs;
- Administrative, project management, and fundraising/marketing exposure is preferred;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and goals, problem-solve, and prioritize among assignments;
- Self-motivated and goal/deadline oriented;
- Ability to work as a team member;
- Strong editorial skills and a proof-reader’s eye for detail;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM;
- Familiarity with email management software;
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility;
- Ability to handle stress and work under pressure at times;
- Strong commitment to working with women and women’s issues;
- Non-profit and/or fundraising agency experience is preferred.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience through this portal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.