Women for Women International (WfWI) is looking for an Operations Assistant to provide general administrative and project-related support to our HR, Finance, IT and Security teams at our Headquarters in Washington, DC.
This position will be responsible for supporting the Operations function in working effectively and efficiently across the global organization, including scheduling meetings, tracking open items, and supporting special projects. The Operations Assistant will also assist with facilities management, financial management, and risk management. This position will report, and provide daily administrative support, to our Chief Administrative Officer.
We’re looking for someone with superior organizational and prioritization skills looking to learn the inner workings of an international nonprofit. A strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership across a wide range of responsibilities, while also being able to work with ambiguity, will be particularly important for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination of team meetings, including scheduling, development and distribution of agendas and follow-up on open items
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of materials to Board of Directors and Committees
- Communicate proactively and effectively with functional counterparts in a collaborative manner
- Undertake all travel planning, bookings, expense reports and reimbursements on behalf of CAO
- Keep CAO abreast of any items for which feedback is needed, ensures those items are processed effectively, and functional counterparts receive the necessary information to move forward their initiatives. Prioritizes these activities taking into consideration organizational priorities
- Manage SharePoint site to include updating calendar with HQ travel dates, uploading and tracking policies
- Assist HR with special projects or activities related to staff appreciation, travel coordination, OFAC reports, etc.
Onboard and continued training of employees on relevant facilities equipment and processes
- Conduct inventory check, order and restock kitchen and office supplies
- Manage relationships with office vendors (printers, mail equipment, office suppliers, access management, cleaning, etc.) to include renewal of agreements, reconciling invoices & payments, updating account records, troubleshooting, and ordering of supplies
- Assist in maintaining the appearance of common spaces, supply room and new hires desks
- Collect, sort and distribute office mail to appropriate parties
Safety, Security, Risk Management
- Maintain database of contracts, compliance requirements and official documents. Maintain tickler file of key dates and coordinates with process owners to ensure compliance
- Responsible for issuing, signing out, signing in the first aid kits to all international travelers. Report any deficiencies in the kits and restock
- Maintain HQ list of staff that have completed the IFRC e-course and detail expiration date. Inform staff members when their certificates expire at the 3-year point
- Assist in the annual budget and periodic re-forecasting process in gathering and organizing data
- Communicates proactively and timely
- Maintains confidentiality
- Communicates tactfully
- Collaborates effectively across functions
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree preferred; 1-2 years of experience in a collaborative working environment supporting senior level professionals preferred
- Interest in learning how international nonprofit organizations operate a plus
- Superior organization and prioritization skills as well as attention to detail
- Exercises discretion and judgment in the performance of duties
- Resourcefulness and ability to work to work cross functionally
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior executives as well as external members
- Flexibility and willingness to work in situations of flux and fast-turnaround required
- Strong knowledge of MS office, especially Excel
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to proactively manage ever-changing deliverables
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so please apply at your earliest convenience through this portal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.