Women for Women International (WfWI) is seeking an entry-level Communications Associate to project manage our social media, press, and external engagement projects and keep the Communications team on task, using project management software and various other tools. The primary function of this position is to be a project manager for the Communications team and help to keep WfWI on-brand in messaging and across all external facing media. S/he will manage ambassador relations, WfWI panel participation, corporate partnerships, and other media-related opportunities.
The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of social media and project management tools. The ability to work well cross-departmentally is also important as this person will work with our Marketing team on Web content and will coordinate with our global offices to streamline communication needs, increase efficiency, and manage asset (photos, videos, stories) libraries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Communications Team by project managing a busy schedule of: social media posting, planning external engagements, managing press and Ambassador (high-profile public supporters) relationships.
- Organize and maintain all Comms documents and archives in an efficient and intuitive way. Ensure all staff are using correct master documents and generally staying on-brand.
- Assist in managing US/UK office relations: determine areas where we can divide and conquer tasks, collaborate, suggest cuts to efforts that aren’t benefiting the organization.
- Research additional/manage current external engagement events such as the Luncheon and Benefit, panels and other speaking opportunities.
- Develop project calendars to keep Communications staff on-task for all campaigns: external engagements and their promotion, press opportunities, celebrity ambassador cultivation and similar.
- May call for some assistance with creation of promotional social media, press, and similar content for external engagement.
- Maintain organized collection of WfWI stories and multimedia assets and handle incoming media requests across the organization.
- Supervise and ensure best use of interns’ time.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience managing social media projects (for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube- posts and live feeds), blogs, and press on behalf of an organization.
- 1-3 years of experience managing press and external engagement on behalf of an organization (speaker panels, TV shows, Web, print).
- Experience with Microsoft Teams and Office apps, including Excel, Word SalesForce.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational, proof-reading skills.
- Self-starter who can work both independently and coordinate with a team.
- Ability to balance and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- A commitment to Women for Women International’s mission and vision
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience through this portal. The deadline to apply is January 25, 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.