Women for Women International (WfWI) is seeking a Staff Accountant. This position is responsible for bank accounts reconciliations, accounts payables, payroll, expense management, intercompany transactions, year-end audit schedules and any other assigned duties. This position will report to the Director of HQ Accounting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accounts payable, expense report processing and verifying all data to ensure accurate payment of all invoices on a timely basis.
- Responsible for preparing journal entries into the general ledger for both headquarters accounting and country office accounting activities as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining Wells Fargo one corporate credit cards, ensuring the employee contracts are on the file, ensuring the spending limit is maintained to waive the fee, employee credit card limits are maintained and expense reports are filed per time-line
- Responsible for maintaining schedules - employee advances, Travel advance, pre-paid expenses, accrued expenses, Sublease rent receivables, Fixed Assets, FSA, HSA payment schedules and other financial schedules as assigned.
- Responsible for reconciling all cash accounts.
- Responsible for fraud prevention on Bank Accounts which includes implementing positive pay feature
- Responsible for maintaining the month-end closing tracker
- Responsible for preparing and issuing 1099 forms to the consultants and 1096 form to IRS
- Responsible for processing bank accounts and intercompany transactions reconciliations.
- Responsible for maintaining vendor files and journal entries files.
- Responsible for processing bimonthly payroll, maintaining all payroll schedules, and preparing the corresponding journal entries.
- Responsible for partnering with HR to maintain ADP timesheet system.
- Responsible for running payroll integration tool, including working with IT to make sure the Payroll and financial system integration works properly.
- Provides training to staff on HQ accounting policies and procedures and tools as needed.
- Assists in year-end audit preparation and coordination as needed.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting, ideally in accounting.
- Minimum of 3-4 years professional accounting experience, preferably in non-profit accounting;
- Familiarity with GAAP and non-profit accounting concepts, practices, and procedures;
- Knowledge of accounting software preferred; Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and word processing required;
- Ability to communicate well with staff, clients and vendors;
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision;
Willingness to learn;
- Well organized, efficient and attentive to detail;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Flexibility and eagerness in assuming additional responsibilities
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience through this portal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.