Women for Women International (WfWI) is seeking an External Engagement Associate. This position is responsible for supporting the planning and execution of external engagement activities that strengthen the work of WfWI. The External Engagement Senior Associate will support the Senior Associate Director in the management and execution of WfWI sponsored events (including major donor salons, Jeffersonian dinners, donor trips, International Women’s Day events, and the annual Luncheon), the Ambassador program and other celebrity/leadership engagement initiatives, and in cultivating relationships with US based corporate partners and other third-party partners that help elevate the WfWI brand and/or achieve strategic objectives.
We’re looking for someone who is a detail-oriented, mission-driven, team player with strong event and volunteer management experience. This position reports to the Senior Associate Director of External Engagement and is a member of the larger Marketing, Development and Communications team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Implementation and Execution of WfWI Events and External Events
- Support execution of and planning process of key revenue and non-revenue events
Serve as event lead for major donor salons in key markets to help the Development Team reach fundraising and major donor engagement goals
Serve as project lead on all WfWI sponsored events including events for International Women’s Day and the Annual Luncheon
Work with appropriate staff to ensure proper follow-up is carried out and all key information is recorded; work with the development team to ensure gift processing for event-related donations is done accurately and timely
Manage development of creative in support of all assigned events
Attend events as requested; interact with supporter and volunteers as appropriate; cultivate relationships in person, on the phone, and by email
- Assist the Senior Associate Director in the development of WfWI’s annual external events strategy and objectives
- Assist in the identification and implementation of standard events revenue and reporting structures
Ambassador and Influencer Engagement
- Conduct research on potential celebrities, thought leaders, and influencers that can help WfWI reach new audiences and raise brand awareness
- Conduct research on potential speaking engagements for WfWI representatives
- Support Senior Associate Director in outreach and management of celebrities and brand ambassadors
- Assist in submission of proposals for speaking engagements
- Assist in planning of logistics, briefings, and outings related to donor and ambassador travel to the field
Manage, monitor, and effectively respond to requests from donors, supporters, and volunteers
- Manage relationships with event vendors
Third Party Partners
Co-manage WfWI’s Community Leaders program with Senior Associate of Planning, Coordination, and Special Projects
- Manage relationships with small-donor grassroots corporate partners
- Responsible for vetting small-donor corporate/grassroots partner inquiries
- Ensure online event kits for small donors/third party events are maintained and updated on website
Financial and Administrative Management
- Participate in developing budgets for WfWI signature events
- Manage and track expenses against budget and identify and execute cost-saving opportunities
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports on assigned activities to Senior Associate Director
- Ensure invoices are accurate and paid on a timely basis
Teamwork and Professionalism
- Accepts constructive feedback
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Exercises sound judgement
- Strong work ethic
- A proactive problem solver
- Commitment and respect for Women for Women International's mission and values
- Shows the highest discretion of sensitive materials
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 2 to 3 years of experience in a non-profit, political or related organization with successful event organizing experience.
- Demonstrated success in driving net revenue through event marketing.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience organizing and implementing events and strong volunteer management skills preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail essential.
- Ability to execute events within and under budget
- Extensive computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access) and word processing, excel and data entry skills.
- Knowledge about the mission and programs of Women for Women International.
- Strong commitment to working with women and women’s issues.
- Periodic travel, evenings and weekend hours as needed.
- Proven ability to execute variety of projects and high work volume.
We are looking to complete interviews and have someone on board by the middle of April. Due to this quick timeline, we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience through this portal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.